We recently announced that Namaste will be closings its doors on June 14, 2020.
In the meantime, we strongly encourage you to join us for class over these next few weeks. Help support your teachers during this final chapter and stay connected with them to find out what comes next.
The How To
1. Log in to your Namaste MBO account and make sure your email address is current and that you are subscribed to receive our email updates. (This step is imperative as your links for online classes will be emailed to the address we have on file associated with your account). Once you follow this link to MBO, click on My Info, log in, and then check all boxes concerning email notifications.
2. Prior to your first class, download the Zoom app for desktop or mobile using the same email address. For the best experience, you’ll want to join us from a device with a video camera and microphone. This way, we can both see and hear you. You have the option to join class without video from your end if you prefer. We are using Zoom to live stream our classes, and it works on laptops, iPads, and smartphones. We highly recommend sorting out your Zoom connection before class begins.
3. Sign in for classes on our website 30 minutes before class start time. You can find our schedule here.
4. An email with a class link will be sent to you 15 minutes prior to class. PLEASE NOTE: you may need to check your spam folder. It may help to add email@example.com to your address book.
5. Practice in the comfort and safety of your own home with your favorite teachers! It’s a privilege to be invited into your home and to have you practice with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please know that we are working out all the kinks as quickly as we can. Your patience with us is much appreciated as we work toward making this experience seamless.
Zoom Preparation and Troubleshooting
Can I test my zoom set up before taking a class?
After you sign up for your zoom account, you can join a test meeting by clicking here to make sure your audio and video is working. Feel confident you are ready to join your first virtual class. We can’t provide a lot of technical assistance during classes (or five minutes before your class begins!), so testing your set up before your first class is highly advised.
Will I be seen in my house as I am practicing?
That’s up to you! Once you click to join the classroom, you will have the choice to join with our without video. If you choose with, the teacher and other attendees will see you. These classes will not be recorded, so you don’t have to worry about anyone seeing you other than your virtual classmates and your teacher.
Can I change the view so I am only seeing the teacher?
“Speaker” view allows you to follow the teacher, while “Gallery” view will show other students in the class. Since a lot of us know each other, it can be nice to connect this way.
Can I ask questions during the practice?
When you enter the virtual classroom, your microphone will be muted. This reduces audio feedback for all attendees. You can ask questions by using the chat function in Zoom.
What should I do if my internet connection isn’t working well?
If your internet connection slows down during class, try turning off your video camera so you can still see the class, but the teacher and other people in class can’t see you. This helps decrease the load on your wifi connection.
What is the best browser to use for virtual classes?
Zoom works best when using the Chrome web browser if you are using your laptop and not the desktop app.
What happens if my class feed sudddenly stops?
It’s rare that this happens, but if it does, stay in the virtual classroom and the feed should resume once the problem is navigated by our host. We’re really working hard to get all the little glitches out of the system, be patient with us.
Can you help me with technical issues?
We will attempt to provide minimal technical assistance. We encourage you to play with your free Zoom account so that you get used to the format. We won’t be able to stop class to help you if you are having trouble. If you have technical issues, you can chat and write questions within the Zoom platform. If you have had a difficult experience with your virtual class, please email us to let us know so we can remedy your account.
What if my partner and I have both signed up for class, but we are using only one Zoom account when attending?
If this is the case for you, please chat the Namaste host in the Zoom chat box and let them know that both you and your partner are present so that we can treat both of you as attending in our system, and so that your teacher is paid properly.
How do i pay for my online classes?
You can use your class passes, memberships, or any of our other pricing options to virtually attend class. Payment for live, online classes will be taken as if classes were held in-studio. For Members and Class Pack holders, these classes will be covered with your pricing option. We’ve just released new pricing options, including a Zoom Intro to Online Special.
What should I do if I have a membership?
As a Namaste member, we appreciate deeply your support at this time. If at all possible, please consider keeping your passes and memberships active to help our small, locally owned business through this difficult era. You can use your membership to attend our virtual classes while our physical doors are closed. If you wish to put your membership on hold during this time, email us here.
What should I do if I don’t have props?
While our retail areas are closed at this time, Manduka has sweetly set up a program that rewards us when you shop on their site using code NAMASTEYOGA. Visit Manduka Yoga here.
Namaste instructor Baxter Bell has kindly shared this video to help you find props from around the house for your home practice.