20 Hour Pranayama Intensive for Mind-Body Balance
with Domonick Wegesin
Mondays, August 12 – October 7
(Please note, class does not meet on September 2)
Namaste Grand Lake
3229 Lakeshore Ave
Oakland, Ca 94610
We all recognize that breathing is important; but since it happens automatically, we tend to take it for granted. However, the breath is the cornerstone of yoga. Breath is directly related to Prana – our life-force energy. Without breath there is no energy, and there is no yoga. Yogic Breathing can help develop good physical and mental health, build life-force energy to support longevity and cultivate states of relaxation and focus to support your spiritual Advancement.
During this 8-week pranayama program, you will:
- Develop an easeful diaphragmatic breath.
- Develop a daily pranayama home practice.
- Explore breath techniques to calm the nervous system.
- Examine the anatomy of advanced pranayama techniques.
- Develop a greater sensitivity to how and where the breath moves in your body.
- Learn yoga postures for effectively opening and strengthening the accessory muscles of breathing to make your breath flow more easily.
- Practice advanced Pranayama Techniques to lead you to deep meditative states of relaxation and focus.
For Yoga Teachers: This training qualifies as 20 hours of elective credit in the Namaste Professional 300 Hour Training.
$325 / $275 Early Bird by August 1
Price includes all class materials.
* Notice of Cancellation must be made in writing. Cancellations made before August 5, 2019 will receive a refund minus $40 processing fee. NO REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS AFTER August 5, 2019.
Dr. Domonick Wegesin, E-RYT has been studying and teaching advanced pranayama for over 15 years. He and his husband start each morning with a breath-based meditation together. Domonick has a background in cognitive neuroscience, and enjoys sharing how these breathing practices impact the brain to help you deal with anxiety and stress.