About this position
The studio manager serves as the leader for our studio and is responsible for overseeing all of the day-to-day operations of the space, including staffing, sales, customer service and maintenance. This position provides organization, structure and accountability for the studio team and ensures all processes, policies and goals are achieved. This person is able to move between varying demands with ease and enjoys wearing many hats. The right candidate will model exceptional sales and customer service and be a team player who participates in the execution of all operations.
The studio manager collaborates with the managers of our other locations and receives support and direction from the Operations Manager. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are a must.
Reports to the Operations Manager
Full Time (35+ hours), evening and weekend availability required
Full Benefits package
- Train, supervise and coach all studio staff.
- Provide and model excellent customer service, handle all escalation issues.
- Actively monitor studio sales and motivate teams to meet sales goals.
- Create business reports, track key performance indicators and create action plans to address opportunities.
- Manage facility and supply needs and attend to all maintenance issues.
- Assign and delegate daily operational tasks, with guidance and oversight.
- Supervise merchandise presentation and receive new product.
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge of Namaste’s offerings and products and meet ongoing education standards for staff.
- Communicate and enforce Namaste’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate various needs from teachers, bodyworkers and special events at your location.
- Identify and initiate efficiencies to new and existing processes.
- Take direction from, provide feedback to and collaborate with the central business team.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Customer service oriented, with a high attention to detail.
- Professional and dependable.
- Proactive problem solver with astute critical thinking skills.
- Ability to keep cool and collected in fast paced environment.
- Familiar with Namaste studios and key offerings.
- Strong computer and administrative skills. Previous experience with MBO a plus.
- Minimum one year commitment.
Namaste Yoga + Wellness is the East Bay’s largest Yoga and Wellness resource, serving the community since 2003. Over the last 14 years, we have grown to three locations, cultivated an unparalleled local and nationally affiliated teaching staff, and developed a program that includes over 160 weekly classes, daily massage bookings, monthly workshops and a robust teacher training and continuing education offering.
At Namaste, we are proud to have created a studio model that supports several career opportunities with competitive pay and development opportunities. We have a central business leadership team as well as management and staff teams at each location, all collaborating and working independently in harmony. We work hard and are seriously committed to each other and our mission. We interact with one another through compassion, support and joy.
We understand that the only way we can be of service is if we nourish ourselves first. It is critical that our business and employees embody the same ideals of self-care that we recommend to our students. In support of this, we have included an extensive benefit package for our employees including flexible scheduling, paid time off, health insurance coverage, unlimited yoga membership, complimentary massages and workshop attendance and discounts on all retail products. We also provide personal and professional development opportunities with discounted access to all of our educational offerings, including teacher trainings.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial screening of applicants will be based on the quality, breadth and relevancy of submissions. We will only contact candidates that we wish to schedule an interview with. No phone calls please.
Namaste provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability.