Yoga + Dharma Immersion 2020
with Ashley Sharp
Saturday + Sunday 1:00-5:00pm*
*Please note the schedule change on weekend of March 21/22 (Saturday, 1-6pm, Sunday 4-7pm)
Namaste Grand Lake
3229 Lakeshore Ave
See full list of weekends 2020
During this 9 month program we will meet over 10 weekends to dive deeply into the teachings at the intersection of Buddhism and Yoga.
Each weekend we will explore yoga asana, meditation and other embodied practices from both traditions. The physical postures of the yoga tradition will support us in the development of the weekend’s topic. There will be small group discussion and time for written reflections to deepen your own comprehension of the topic. You will have the option to complete readings and yogic and/or meditative practices at home to help you integrate the teachings into your daily life.
In its fourth year, this immersion continues to attract a welcoming community of students. Students will be encouraged to explore the topics through a personal lens, reflecting on their own life and unique circumstance.
Topics to be covered include:
- Yoga Asana
- Pranayama (yogic breathing)
- Mudra (hand shapes)
- Wisdom Teachings
- Foundations – Wise View – Who are you? and What are we doing?
- Community and Belonging – The 3 Refuges
- Vulnerability and Compassion – 1st Noble Truth
- Deep Listening and Wise Speech
- Confidence and Trust – Sradha
- Discernment and Boundaries – Viveka and Prajna
- Holding Anger – Klesha
- Strength and Power – The Siddhis
- Doing/Not doing and Effortless Effort – Nekamma and Vairagya
- Review and Close
• Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness by Erich Schiffmann
• Training in Compassion: Zen Teachings on the Practice of Lojong by Norman Fischer
• The Way of Tenderness: Awakening through Race, Sexuality and Gender by Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
$1175 | $1075 Early Bird through November 15, 2019
* Notice of Cancellation must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com. Cancellations made before January 1, 2020 will receive a refund minus $100 processing fee. NO REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS AFTER 1/1/2020.
Ashley Sharp, E-RYT 500, began teaching yoga over ten years ago and is known for her wit, practicality, and tenderness as an instructor. She grew up dancing, and brings to her classes a lifetime of body-knowledge and wisdom. She has studied yoga asana and philosophy in the United States and in India with Swami Dayananda, Erich Schiffmann, Patricia Sullivan and Sat Santokh Sing. Sharp’s ongoing practice of Vipassana meditation led naturally to her unique weaving of mindfulness themes into each class, simultaneously deepening her students’ physical and spiritual practice. She completed an eighteen-month Mindfulness and Yoga Training at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. Ashley Sharp is registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT, Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher.