Yoga + Dharma Immersion
Immersion with Ashley Sharp
See full list of weekends
Ashley Sharp brings her wit, practicality, and tenderness to an immersive training designed to support the awakening of heart qualities such as compassion and joy while living the nitty gritty of daily life. Through the exploration of yoga and wisdom teachings from the Buddhist tradition, students will discover the power ancient practices have to transform modern life.
The teachings will unfold at an organic pace, exploring yoga asana and meditation. Each weekend will have a topic – there will be optional readings, group discussion, inquiry and optional homework.
In the third year, this immersion continues to attract a welcoming community of students. Ashley’s strong ability to hold space in a supportive and inclusive manner creates room for students to safely listen and share.
Students will be encouraged to explore topics through a personal lens, reflecting on their own life and unique circumstance.
Topics to be covered include:
• Yoga asana – standing poses, twists, backbends, inversions and restorative
• Meditation – mindfulness, concentration, reclining (yoga nidra) and compassion
• Chanting – focus and quiet the mind
• Pranayama- yoga techniques working with the breath to cultivate vitality and calm
• Wisdom Teachings – bring your own innate wisdom and compassion to life through embodiment. Each weekend will have a topic – there will be optional readings, group discussion, inquiry and optional homework. All designed to support you in your life.
$1175 | $1075 Early Bird through February 1, 2019
* Notice of Cancellation must be made in writing by emailing email@example.com. Cancellations made before February 1, 2019 will receive a refund minus $100 processing fee. NO REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS AFTER 2/1/2019.
Ashley Sharp, E-RYT 500,began teaching yoga at the turn of the century. She is known for her wit, practicality, and tenderness as an instructor. She grew up dancing, and brings to her classes a lifetime of body-knowledge and wisdom. She has studied yoga asana and philosophy in the United States and in India with Swami Dayananda, Erich Schiffmann, Patricia Sullivan and Sat Santokh Sing.
She has trained in yoga asana, yoga therapy and yoga nidra (a reclining meditation practice). She completed both the “Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training,” (an 18 month program integrating Buddhism and yoga asana) and the ”Dedicated Practioner Program,” (a two year intensive study and practice program) through Spirit Rock Meditation Center.
Ashley’s ongoing practice of Vipassana meditation leads naturally to her unique weaving of mindfulness themes into each class, simultaneously deepening her students’ physical and spiritual practice. She teaches retreats internationally and leads yoga teacher trainings in the Bay Area.