Namaste is the perfect place to prepare for and bond with your new baby. We offer the largest prenatal yoga and postnatal programming in the East bay with expert teachers to guide you safely and gently in your practice. Our goal is to support you and provide a community of other new Mothers for you to take this journey with.
Prenatal yoga is amazing for Mamas-to- be! During these classes you’ll gently move your body into different asanas (or poses) aimed at developing your strength, flexibility and balance. Breath work is strongly incorporated to prime you for labor and childbirth by training you to stay calm and strong when you need to most!
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
- Increased strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- Decreased lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches and shortness of breath
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Community support including shared resources, experiences and information on pregnancy and parenting.
Postnatal Yoga is a great way to support your body’s recovery after birth and incorporate bonding with your new baby. The practice aids in healing, increasing relaxation, and gentle strengthening. These classes are also a wonderful way to connect with other new mothers in a supportive and healthy environment. Postnatal classes are appropriate for women from about four to six weeks postpartum and up until about six months, or when baby begins to crawl – twins welcome!
Baby Holders: We’re so happy to offer baby holders at our Berkeley location. Holders are compassionate helpers who create a supportive, easeful and relaxed atmosphere in class. They are also stocked with toys and props for babies. *Berkeley Postnatal classes have a $5 supplemental fee for these services and due to varying class sizes we can’t guarantee a baby holder for each participant).
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga:
- Strengthens the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
- Releases tension in the shoulders.
- Balances hormonal levels.
- Promotes better and deeper sleep.
- Reduces stress, anxiety and fears of being a new mother.