HONOR YOUR PATH
This quiet moment in the dark and the deep pause of winter is an optimal time to sit down with a journal and reflect on both the past and the future. Set the tone for this journey with the following practice. We’ve developed some prompts for you to ponder as the wheel of the year turns from one decade to the next, so grab a pen and a comfortable seat, and proceed with an open heart and an open mind. Don’t let your inner critic get in the way of honoring who you are.
- Find a quiet space (or somewhat quiet space if you have roommates, children, excited pets) and a comfortable seat.
- Light a candle, spray a ceremonial scent in the air, or burn some palo santo to lend some weight and freshness to the moment.
- Pull out a special journal or some clean pieces of paper.
- Close your eyes, take 10 deep breaths in and out, watching your out breath. You can place your hand over your heart or rest it gently on your thighs.
- Set an intention for this practice. Perhaps it is REFLECTION or GRATITUDE.
- Visit our writing prompts below and work on one or two of them. Revisit your thoughts part way through the year and see how far you’ve come!