July 1, 2019
Dear Namaste Community,
It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of our Namaste Berkeley location on August 18, 2019.
We realize this may come as difficult news – especially for our devoted Berkeley students. However, the stresses and increased costs of running a small business in the Bay Area have proven challenging and we have determined that reducing our footprint is necessary. Our hope is that reducing the pressures of multiple locations and simplifying our business operations and programming will allow us to create a more sustainable business for the future.
We are committed to our mission of serving the Namaste community and we hope to continue to serve your practice for many years to come at our Oakland locations.
From the bottom of our hearts we thank our Berkeley community for the many years of support, studentship and friendship. The Berkeley location has been integral to our growth and will remain a special part of our legacy. We intend to honor the space and practice gratitude for it’s gifts over the next six weeks.
Please see below for a list of important dates and details about the transition. Direct communications will be forthcoming regarding how this change will impact members, teacher trainees, and wellness clients.
With deep gratitude and a heavy heart,
Owner/Director of Namaste Yoga + Wellness
- All regularly scheduled classes at the Berkeley location will continue through August 18.
- The last day for bodywork appointments at both the Berkeley and Grand Lake locations will be July 31.
- All previously listed workshops and trainings will continue as planned. Some programs may be relocated to an Oakland location, depending on timing and space constraints. Registered students will be contacted directly.
- Over the coming weeks, we will be working to consolidate the class schedules. You can follow updates on our schedule page.
- For more information, please go online and see our Frequently Asked Questions page.