It’s crazy to say it, but Namaste has been serving the East Bay community for 15 years now!
Do you remember us way back when?
Our schedule looked a little something like this. We opened the first one room studio at our Rockridge location with about 15 classes on the schedule. We’ve now grown into a full schedule of over 165 classes a week at 3 locations.
Some Things Stay The Same:
- Some of the teachers from those first schedules are still here with us, like Ashley Sharp, Naushon Kabat-Zinn, David Schlussel, and Vickie Russell Bell!
- Some of our students have been with us from Day 1 and continue to be passionate supporters of Namaste. We are so grateful to our whole community, but especially to these folks who believed in us from the very beginning, trusted us to find them amazing teachers, and stuck by us as we evolved into ourselves.
- Our passion for and commitment to bringing yoga to all people will never change.
- The heart and soul of Namaste as an urban refuge and sanctuary remains true.
- We continue to be locally-owned and family-run. From the beginning, owner Kimberly Leo’s dad worked at the front desk. Even while we’ve grown, we still rely on Vera Leo, Kimberly’s mom, to keep our studios connected and humming.
Namaste has been blessed with an incredible tribe of teachers, staff, and students. Our tribe recognizes our commitment to consistency, integrity and community, and we have therefore been able to attract the best teachers in the East Bay. Our front desk staff is phenomenal. They are passionate about bringing yoga to every human. The industry has changed dramatically over the last fifteen years in that yoga is everywhere and all kinds of people are doing it, and people resonate with us because we truly put our heart and soul into the studio.
- Our yoga and wellness offerings will continue to expand.
- We will become a stronger resource for yoga teachers and provide education and offerings to help them to refine their craft.
- We will continue to support our diverse community with more specialty classes that resonate and inspire.
We can’t wait to see what’s next. Follow along on social media and stay in touch!