When you walk into the yoga studio and you get that special feeling — a sense of peace, or ease — what is it that creates that feeling? It could be the memory of savasanas past. But I have an idea that there are some design elements at play…Below are some design and decorating tips that we can take out of the studio and into our own homes, to carry the ease into our everyday existence.
- Keep it simple, keep it spacious. Remember that less is always more, and leaves room for your thoughts and spirit.
- Create a space for “intention” and place little reminders of beauty or happiness there. Like the altar in a yoga studio, create an intentional space to keep a few inspiring tokens on. Light it with candles sometimes.
- Keep it low — integrating yoga bolsters and floor pillows into your decor provides for some fun recreation and feels like a more constant reminder of the life you want to live. Also — need a quick restorative? Grab that pretty bolster off your couch and just do it.
- Choose meaningful art for your walls. A little daily inspiration goes a long way.
- Scent is a powerful enhancer of experience and can bring you back to a remembered time and place. Keep a nice essential oil spray or palo santo on your altar to bring you back to that place of ease whenever you need it.
- View it clearly. A little vista always sets the soul at ease. Set your furniture up with views to the outside, so that your soul can see what the future holds.
Check out our sweet boutiques at Namaste for some decor inspiration as you take charge of your spaces this Spring.