Yoga + Dharma Immersion
Awakening Through Life
65 Hour Immersion with Ashley Sharp
10 Weekends, September 2017-June 2018
See full list of weekends
During this 10-month training we will meet monthly to dive deeply into the teachings at the intersection of Buddhism and Yoga. We will explore yoga asana, pranayama (yogic breathing techniques) and meditation techniques from both traditions. You will have the opportunity to complete readings and short writing reflections to integrate the teachings into your life and practice.
At the core of this journey we will cover the Paramis, a list of 10 qualities that can be developed in daily life to support your awakening. The cultivation of these qualities allows for the integration of spiritual teachings into regular life, increases ease and connection for yourself, and reduces harm for all.
These qualities are:
- Generosity – giving help and benefit to other living beings
- Morality – living an ethical life
- Renunciation – letting go of what is unhelpful
- Wisdom – framing your life and the world
- Energy – cultivating energy and not being discouraged by failures
- Patience – patiently accept life’s ups and downs
- Truthfulness – honesty and truthfulness in all things
- Determination – unwavering determination to progress
- Loving-kindness – experiencing benevolence and compassion
- Equanimity – developing mental equilibrium.
During this experience you will gain a deep sense of community with the others in the training, having the opportunity for rich, dynamic discussions of the topics presented, as well as individual attention from Ashley.
The Immersion includes:
- Breakdown of yoga asana including standing poses, twists, seated poses, backbends and inversions with individual and customized attention to your body.
- Pranayama (breathing techniques): prana kriya, kumbhaka, kapalha bhathi, and nadi shodhana.
- Meditation: including the yogic concentration practices, yoga nidra, vipassana and mindfulness.
- The Paramis – generosity, morality, renunciation, wisdom, energy, patience, truthfulness, determination, loving-kindness, and equanimity.
- Integration of wisdom into the everyday world of work and family.
$1175 | $1075 Early Bird through August 15
* Notice of Cancellation must be made in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations made before September 1, 2017 will receive a refund minus $100 processing fee. NO REFUNDS OR CANCELLATIONS AFTER 9/1/2017.
Ashley Sharp, E-RYT 500, is known for her wit, practicality, and tenderness as an instructor. She teaches yoga, meditation and wisdom around the Bay Area including at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. She teaches yoga retreats internationally and leads yoga teacher trainings and classes in the Bay Area. She founded Insight Richmond, a community based meditation group. In addition to completing many trainings in yoga, yoga therapy and mindfulness meditation, she has sat in silent meditation for just about a full year.