HONOR YOUR PATH
Memory is a funny thing. The more time passes, the more our recollection of the past shifts and evolves, taking on the hue of the present moment’s wisdom. Take some time this month before we welcome 2018 to document the highs and lows of 2017. What path did you take? There is no sweeter gift for yourself than creating space to touch in with your mind, body, and spirit. Try this ritual below to honor the closing of one year and the birth of another:
- Find a quiet space (or somewhat quiet space if you have roommates, children, excited pets).
- Light a candle or burn some palo santo.
- Pull out a special journal or some fresh white pieces of paper.
- Close your eyes, take 10 deep breaths in and out, watching your out breath. You can place your hand over your heart or rest gently on your thighs.
- Set an intention for this practice. A suggestion would be “I am grateful for all this year brought and open to honest reflection”
- Get writing! Save this worksheet nearby and check-in on it throughout next year to see how far you have come!