200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Choosing the right 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is important. That’s why we’re passionate about providing the absolute best experience. We believe in more than just deepening your asana practice. We believe yoga is the key to making every day sacred.
Each detail of our training is designed to support you through an epic journey of self-inquiry, hard skill building, and strengthening of your total health and wellness knowledge.
What makes the Namaste 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training special?
Students will explore the lifestyle, science, and business behind an authentic, traditional yoga practice and teaching career. Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training provides skills you need to lead with wisdom and integrity. As a Yoga Alliance Certified training, we go over and above the required hours to prepare you in the most immersive way.
1. Senior Faculty: The Bay Area’s most sought after teachers offering deep teachings in their area of expertise.
2. Comprehensive Syllabus: Depth of study in the traditions and practice of the sacred science and philosophy of yoga, as well as inspirational and clear instruction in the art of teaching.
3. Supportive Community Environment: Expect true transformation in a supportive and structured setting.
Our program is much more than asana and vocabulary. Bring intention to your life and your practice, and learn how to share it with the world.
- Philosophy, Meditation + Sequencing with Ashley Sharp
- Asana Alignment + Assisting with Margi Young
- Mindfulness, Pranayama, Subtle Body, + Home Practice with Domonick Wegesin
- Yoga Anatomy + Therapeutics with Baxter Bell
- Business of Yoga with Namaste studio owner Kimberly Leo
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Program Structure + Curriculum
You can expect to become a part of a greater community at Namaste and to come out of this training with the knowledge and confidence to begin teaching yoga to beginners and beyond.
The Namaste Teacher Training Program includes unlimited free yoga during the duration of the course at any of our 3 locations. Upon completion of the 200-hour program, you may apply your hours toward certification through Yoga Alliance.
Sample the life of a yoga teacher with our teacher training video!
The 200 hour yoga teacher training is divided into two 100 hour modules that may be taken separately or together to fulfill the 200 hour certificate requirements. Our 200 hour yoga teacher training occurs at Namaste Berkeley every Thursday 6-9pm and every other Saturday + Sunday 12:30-6:30pm for the duration of the training.
Module I: September 22 -December 2, 2018- Yoga Immersion
Module II: January 26 – April 7, 2019- The Art of Teaching
Students must take at least one class per week with a yoga teacher training faculty member, a total of 24 classes minimum.
The classes are meant to deepen your connection with your teachers and to understand more of their philosophy, style and how they think about yoga. It is a way to develop a deeper and more personal relationship with your teachers.
View Module Meeting Dates
View Sample Weekend Schedule