Ready for a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
Committing to a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training can be a powerful and transformative experience. That’s why choosing the right 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training training is so important. At Namaste, we offer a comprehensive and high-level program ensuring you have best 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training experience the Bay Area has to offer.
In our signature program, you will explore and learn the lifestyle, science, and philosophy behind building a personalized yoga practice and teaching career. Led by the Bay Area’s most experienced yoga teachers we uphold the highest level of safety standards and inclusivity practices.
What makes the Namaste 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training special?
Our core philosophy is this: make every day sacred.
This training speaks intelligently to the traditions and skillsets necessary for infusing your life with intention. Yoga is more than deepening your asana practice. We believe yoga is a portal that awakens and connects you to a more meaningful life.
Each detail of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is designed to support you through an epic journey of self-inquiry, hard skill building, and strengthening of your total health and wellness knowledge. You will graduate with skills to lead with wisdom and integrity both on or off the mat.
1. Senior Faculty: The Bay Area’s most sought-after teachers offering deep teachings in their area of expertise.
2. Comprehensive Syllabus: Depth of study in the traditions and practice of the sacred science and philosophy of yoga, as well as inspirational and clear instruction in the art of teaching.
3. Supportive Community Environment: Expect true transformation in a supportive and structured setting.
- Philosophy, Meditation + Sequencing with Ashley Sharp, E-RYT 500
- Asana Alignment + Assisting with Margi Young, E-RYT 500
- Mindfulness, Pranayama, Subtle Body, + Home Practice with Domonick Wegesin, PhD, RYT 500
- Yoga Anatomy + Therapeutics with Baxter Bell, MD, E-RYT 500
- Business of Yoga with Namaste studio owner Kimberly Leo
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training: Program Structure + Curriculum
You can expect to become a part of a greater community at Namaste and to come out of this training with the knowledge and confidence to begin teaching yoga to beginners and beyond.
The Namaste Teacher Training Program includes unlimited free yoga during the duration of the course at any of our 3 locations. Upon completion of the 200-hour program, you may apply your hours toward certification through Yoga Alliance.
Sample the life of a yoga teacher with our teacher training video!
The 200 hour yoga teacher training is divided into two 100 hour modules that may be taken separately or together to fulfill the 200 hour certificate requirements. Our 200 hour yoga teacher training occurs at Namaste Berkeley every Thursday 6-9pm and every other Saturday + Sunday 12:30-6:30pm for the duration of the training.
Module I: September 22 -December 2, 2018- Yoga Immersion
Module II: January 26 – April 7, 2019- The Art of Teaching
Students must take at least one class per week with a yoga teacher training faculty member, a total of 24 classes minimum.
The classes are meant to deepen your connection with your teachers and to understand more of their philosophy, style and how they think about yoga. It is a way to develop a deeper and more personal relationship with your teachers.
View Module Meeting Dates
View Sample Weekend Schedule