200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
The Namaste Yoga Teacher Training program emphasizes diving deeper in to your own practice and provides the skills you need to teach with wisdom and integrity. Our program is certified by Yoga Alliance and goes over and above the required hours to prepare you in the most immersive way.
What makes the Namaste Yoga Teacher Training special?
1. Senior Faculty: The Bay Area’s most sought after teachers offering deep teachings in their area of expertise.
- Asana Labs (Alignment) + Restorative Yoga with Vickie Russell Bell
- Mindfulness Meditation, Philosophy, Yoga Nidra + Sequencing with Ashley Sharp
- Yoga & Psychology, Subtle Body, Pranayama, Bandhas, Home Practice, Methodology + Practice Teaching with Domonick Wegesin
- Experiential Anatomy + Sequencing with Baxter Bell
- Business of Yoga with Namaste studio owner Kimberly Leo
2. Comprehensive Syllabus: Depth of study in the traditions and practice of the sacred science and philosophy of yoga, as well as inspirational and clear instruction in the art of teaching
3. Supportive Community Environment: Expect true transformation in a supportive and structured setting.
Our program is much more than asana and vocabulary. Bring intention to your life and your practice, and learn how to share it with the world.
The yoga teacher training is divided into two 100 hour modules that may be taken separately or together to fulfill the 200 hour certificate requirements. Our yoga teacher training occurs at Namaste Berkeley every Thursday 6-9pm and every other Saturday + Sunday 12:30-6:30pm for the duration of the training.
Module I: September 23-December 4, 2016- Yoga Immersion
Module II: January 21 – April 2, 2017- The Art of Teaching
View Module Meeting Dates
View Sample Weekend Schedule
Ashley Sharp, E-RYT, has studied yoga asana and philosophy with Swami Dayananda, Erich Schiffmann, Patricia Sullivan and Sat Santokh Sing. She has completed both the “Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training,” and the ”Dedicated Practitioner Program,” through Spirit Rock Meditation Center. She teaches Meditation, Philosophy, Yoga Nidra, and Sequencing.
Baxter Bell, MD is a graduate of the Piedmont Yoga Studio’s Advanced Studies 2000 program, and has studied regularly with Rodney Yee, Patricia Walden and Erich Schiffman. He teaches a nurturing style of yoga, with a strong emphasis on anatomy and re-awakening our innate curiosity. He will be teaching the Experiential Anatomy and Sequencing.
Vickie Russell Bell is a graduate of the Piedmont Yoga Studio Advanced Training Program and a certified “Relax and Renew Trainer” through Judith Lasater’s accredited program. Her teaching style emphasizes body awareness, alignment, and the integration of mindfulness and ease in Hatha yoga practice and daily life. She will cover Asana Labs (alignment) and Restorative Yoga.
Domonick Wegesin is a yogi-neuroscientist-dancer with a bent towards meditation and the healing arts. He recently moved to the Bay Area from New York City with his husband and their schnoodle. In New York, Domonick conducted neuroimaging research focused on the aging brain, as a Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at Columbia University. He will be teaching Yoga and Psychology curriculum, including Yoga + Anxiety, Depression, and Stress, and other critical topics.
Program Structure + Curriculum
You can expect to become a part of a greater community at Namaste and to come out of this training with the knowledge and confidence to begin teaching yoga to beginners and beyond.
The Namaste Teacher Training Program includes unlimited free yoga during the duration of the course at any of our 3 locations. Upon completion of the 200 hour program, you may apply your hours toward certification through Yoga Alliance.